Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins

Hey everyone -

In my baking life these days I've been experimenting a bit with gluten free baking (I'm not gluten sensitive in any sense - I think I would cry if I couldn't have a piece of a good foccacia anymore) -  but simply because I've really enjoyed baking with oats - rolled oats, oat flour, you name it.

I came up with these double chocolate chip muffins based on ingredients I had on hand, and to be honest, I was a bit curious as to how they'd turn out of the oven - but my worries were unfounded - some of the best tasting muffins I've ever eaten!

Anyway...here's the recipe. Bake these and let me know what you think! :)

Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients
2 cups oat flour (I ground my own oats)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup yogurt
1 cup pumpkin puree (I used up the last of my homemade puree)
1 egg
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon coffee grounds
1 cup chocolate chips, divided

Directions
First things first: preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line or grease six jumbo muffin tins (could also make 12 regular muffins).
1) In a large bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2) In a second bowl, combine yogurt, pumpkin puree, egg. Whisk in cocoa powder, coffee grounds, and sugar.
3) Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing only until combined.
4) Fold 1/2 cup chocolate chips into the batter.
5) Divide into prepared muffin tins, and top muffin batter with the last 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for roughly 20-25 minutes, or until done.

Happy Baking!
Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment