Friday, January 10, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Hey all -

Woah. Two blog posts in one day! Haha! We were talking with a farming couple on Tuesday in Moorhead, MN, and the farmer's wife had set out this whole platter of cookies for us to have with our coffee. As anyone knows, I can't make cookies to save my life. Seriously - whenever I try and bake cookies, they always end up flat, crisp, burnt, stuck to the pan, or what have you - and I end up frustrated and mad that I can make coq au vin but not chocolate chip cookies. What's the deal.

I was looking for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe, and I found this one. And it is, without a doubt, amazing. Instead of making cookies, I decided to show the cookies what was up by throwing the dough into a 9x13 pan. Foolproof. Without further adieu...the best chocolate chip cookie bars you'll ever eat:

Ingredients
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
2 cups chocolate chips (use whatever you like; for me, it's always a toss-up)

Directions
1) In a large bowl, melt butter. Add sugar and brown sugar, mix well. When slightly cooled, add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Add baking soda, salt, and vanilla, combine well.
2) Stir in 3 cups of flour, then stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough into a greased 9x13 pan and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.

Now, a word of caution. Obviously, these aren't healthy, haha! I make them only when I'm home so I have other people who eat them. The way they're baked for only 20-25 minutes leaves the bars rather gooey; so bake longer if you see fit. In any case - enjoy!

Dean





No comments:

Post a Comment